Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Here's the Scoop

As an adult, I have been every dress size from a 4 to a 24.  I've been fat and I've been what most would call thin.  I say that because I have a hard time considering myself "thin" because I do not (and never will) have a "beach body".  Nonetheless, I have managed to maintain my "goal" weight since April 2009.  I am happy with my size and like the clothes I can now wear.  Before this stretch of time, I would travel up and down the scale constantly.  My highest weight was 220.  This does not include my first pregnancy wherein the last weight I remember being was about 270, but beyond that, I chose to not know the number and/or blocked out the memory.
1994


1996

1997

My first major weight loss was in 1997 when I lost 85 pounds in 8 months.  From that time until January of 2009, I was a great "DIETER".  I could put my nose to the ground and lose weight, but once I made my goal, I went "off the diet" and pretty much went back to my normal way of eating.  The result was over 10 years of gaining and losing the same 40 pounds.

The concept of maintaining weight was always quite daunting to me, as there is no end in sight.  Maintaining is just that--remaining the weight you are from here on out.  I am very goal oriented and I like to check things off and move on.  Weight maintenance does not fit on a neat little to do list.  It has to become a part of you. That fact never clicked for me, but somethings did change in me when I lost that stinking 40 pounds for the last time in 2009. These changes have caused me to be able to stay at the same weight and wear the same clothes for over 2 years now. 

Through this blog, I intend to share those changes and strategies that are now part of my life in hopes of helping others who are on this long, daunting, albeit worthwhile journey.  I welcome all feedback.  If you are already on the journey, please share your tips and tricks. 

Ok, here we go!
Angela
2009

2009

July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment